Five Fast Facts About Love
- Anyone who denies the existence of “love at first sight” has never been a parent.
- Since feelings are, by definition, transitory, if love is only a feeling, it will of necessity fade. The challenge of lasting love: converting it from a transitory feeling to a committed choice.
- One prescription for lasting love: redefine your lover’s annoying habits as endearing quirks.
- A second prescription for lasting love: treat your lover at least as kindly as you treat your next door neighbor.
- Something you can do now to change how your lover feels about you: make your default reply to your spouse, “yes, I can do that now.”
I invite you to contact me by phone at 410-377-4343 or email me, or if you prefer contact me to schedule an appointment or to discuss any issues or questions you may have. Please keep in mind that since I have limited my practice to online or virtual therapy, and since as a Maryland licensed psychologist, I am able to meet with individuals or couples living anywhere in the state, those of you living in Baltimore, Towson, Pikesville, Columbia, Bethesda, Annapolis, Frederick, as well as those living in other more remote towns and cities in Maryland are welcome to contact me to explore treatment options.