Five Fast Facts About Anger & Responsibility
These facts may be the only Anger Management you need.
- Anger is always unwarranted-even when directed at someone who’s angry at us.
- Saying “we need to change” rather than “I need to change” diminishes our own responsibility for making things better.
- Taking responsibility requires that we not offer “extenuating circumstances” as the reason for our unacceptable behavior.
- Short term guilt is a useful message from ourselves to ourselves telling us to stop doing something we know is wrong. Long term guilt means we are ignoring the message.
- A promise is more powerful than a guarantee: A guarantee says, “I’ll fix it if it breaks;” a promise says, “It will never break.”
I invite you to contact me by phone at 410-377-4343 or email me, or if you prefer contact me to schedule an appointment or to discuss any issues or questions you may have. Please keep in mind that since I have limited my practice to online or virtual therapy, and since as a Maryland licensed psychologist, I am able to meet with individuals or couples living anywhere in the state, those of you living in Baltimore, Towson, Pikesville, Columbia, Bethesda, Annapolis, Frederick, as well as those living in other more remote towns and cities in Maryland are welcome to contact me to explore treatment options.