These facts may be the only Anger Management you need.
- Anger is always unwarranted-even when directed at someone who’s angry at us.
- Saying “we need to change” rather than “I need to change” diminishes our own responsibility for making things better.
- Taking responsibility requires that we not offer “extenuating circumstances” as the reason for our unacceptable behavior.
- Short term guilt is a useful message from ourselves to ourselves telling us to stop doing something we know is wrong. Long term guilt means we are ignoring the message.
- A promise is more powerful than a guarantee: A guarantee says, “I’ll fix it if it breaks;” a promise says, “It will never break.”